Monday, 16 September 2013

Troublegum Pop

I'm a big fan of Therapy?, and I think I still would be even if it wasn't for the local connection (lead singer Andy Cairns grew up around the corner from where I sit). While I really like them for their riff laden heavier tunes, typically my favourite Therapy? songs are the relatively few and far between catchy-as-hell punk pop (as opposed to pop punk?) songs.

Andy can write them really well and I'd love a full album of Therapy? goes pop. 2003's High Anxiety got promisingly close in many ways, but their latest material seems to indicate a bearing towards the opposite direction of which I'm a little less excited.

Here's my favourite Therapy? song, and one of my favourite songs from the 90s. 


And here it is being sung by a pretty Canadian.


Joyous.

No comments:

Post a Comment