Saturday, 21 December 2013

Friday Thing: TurboShandy - Dance, Rummy (a scathing review...)

While I don't like endorsing self-promotion, I've just finished this and had nothing else to Thing at you this week. Have some TurboShandy.



TurboShandy is my "band" (just me and EZdrummer) and this is my second release on Bandcamp. The performances are mostly one-take, the production is shoddy, and I'm using awful equipment, but I quite like the songs. Bar Not Welcome Here, they've all been written over the past couple of months.

I best list the Things I stole too: the riff in Impossible Girl is a direct lift from the wonderful Too Much Kissing by Senseless Things.


The spoken part in Impossible Girl is from the Jim Jarmusch film Permanent Vacation, which is quite good too.

Anyways, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment