Friday, 30 May 2014

Friday Thing: The Dollyrots - Barefoot And Pregnant

Continuing this week's pop punk theme here's Barefoot And Pregnant, the new album by the Dollyrots. 



Chirpy.

The Dollyrots first caught my attention when I saw them supporting Bowling For Soup in Belfast's Spring And Airbrake (since rechristened the Limelight). Being a sucker for this kind of stuff, I've been following their poppy exploits ever since and was happy to contribute to the PledgeMusic campaign that funded Barefoot And Pregnant (I was pledger #666 as a matter of fact).

Kelly Dollyrot was genuinely pregnant during the recording of this album, which I find oddly cool. It's a return to the band's no-nonsense noisy pop roots and is infectiously bubblegummy throughout.

IYOLTOS: Bury Me In Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment