Friday, 11 July 2014

Friday Thing: Splitsville - Let's Go​!​: The Best Of Splitsville

S-P-L-I-T-S-V-I-L-L-E
Let's go to the part where you and me are K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Splitsville are (or certainly were) a powerpop band from Baltimore, MD formed by Matt and Brandt Huseman as a side-project while members of The Greenberry Woods, along with bassist/keyboard player Paul Krysiak.

Splitsville demonstrate influences from all over the pop rock spectrum, as comfortable with Beach Boys-esque harmonies (The Love Songs Of B. Douglas Wilson seems the boringly obvious example) as they are with snappy pop punk (see Brink). This best-of, released in 2008, has a track list hand-picked by the band and offers up a great cross-section of their wonderfully crafted stuff.



Get it from Popboomerang Records for $10 Australian/£5-something.

IYOLTOS: Brink

Buy It!

No comments:

Post a Comment