Monday, 15 September 2014

Review: Ex-Pet - Green Accent

Ex-Pet is the brainchild of Providence/New York based Greg Nissan. Green Accent is a 9-track powerpop fix brought out in June this year.



The album is a very polished affair with big, confident production that pulled me right in from the beginning. I stuck around for the well structured pop hooks and evocative lyrics that the songs never failed to deliver. I get a strange sense of nostalgia from this album that I can't quite put my finger on; whatever the source, I'm all warm and fuzzy.

The tunes are backed up by varied and nicely constructed arrangements, often effectively punctuated with trumpet and cleverly wavering into jazzier territories. A satisfying noise all-in-all. 

Green Accent can be procured on bandcamp for $5 (£3) which is cheaper than drugs.

Buy It!

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment