Friday, 1 January 2016

Friday Thing: Not Tonight & The Headaches - If You Were Real You'd Do Your Own Stunts

Happy new yeah! 

2016 is ushered in by Grimsby's Not Tonight & The Headaches and If You Were Real You'd Do Your Own Stunts, their album from last September.


One of my most enduringly favourite Things I've featured is this single and I'm so glad to finally be talking about the album. The songs don't falter from the high standard set by Reasons To Smile, and I'm sure these tracks are going to catch up to the high play count I've racked up on the single since November 2014. 

I'm in love with it all – an incredibly tight-knit pop punk band, with the best sort of bittersweetness oozing through the skilfully written songs – but among my highlights is penultimate track Apologies; after hearing the acoustic b-side version so many times, it's so affirming to hear the whole band behind the song in the album cut.

I'll be spinning this one for a while. If you're anything like me, you'll be wanting the CD and downloads, which are available on bandcamp.

IYOLTOS: Dislocated

Buy It!

No comments:

Post a Comment